“Creepy, Crawly, Scaly and Slimy” Multiple Choice Questions
1) What is the largest and most important group of animals on earth?
A) Vertebrate animals
2) The hairs on the tarantula’s body help with its sense of ____________.
3) All insects and spiders have ___________________.
A) A gland that produces silk
B) Fangs to kill their prey
C) An external skeleton
D) An internal skeleton
4) Which of these is not a vertebrate animal group?
5) What do all vertebrate animals have in common?
A) They are cold-blooded
B) They have an internal skeleton
C) They have a backbone
D) Both C and D
6) Which of these groups has a larval stage in its life cycle?
7) Which of these animals are semi-aquatic as adults?
A) Slimy Salamander
B) African Clawed Frog
D) American Toad
8) Which of these animals have moist skin?
9) Which of these adaptations helped reptiles be so successful as land animals?
A) Waterproof skin
B) Eggs that develop out of the water
D) Both A and B
10) Which of these reptiles are most closely related?
A) Lizards and crocodilians
B) Turtles and crocodilians
C) Lizards and snakes
D) Crocodilians and snakes
11) Which of these are most alike in the way that they reproduce?
A) Amphibians and reptiles
B) Amphibians and fish
C) Birds and mammals
D) Birds and amphibians
12) Which of these reptiles do not have teeth?
13) What do the Boa Constrictor and the Monitor Lizard have in common?
A) They have powerful jaws for crushing their prey
B) They have ears
C) They have eyelids
D) They have a tongue that helps them to smell
14) What do boas and pythons have that shows snakes are related to lizards?
C) Leftover leg bones
15) Which animal group is most closely related to dinosaurs?
B) Lizards and snakes
16) Where does the Tiger Salamander live?
A) In the trees
B) In the water
C) In the open on land
D) Under logs, rocks or leaves
17) All snakes share this adaptation for eating.
A) Powerful jaws
B) Flexible jaws
18) Which of these arthropods have live babies?
D) Hissing Cockroach
19) Which arthropods have eight legs?
20) How do you tell the age of a box turtle?
A) By its size
B) By the number of scales on its shell
C) By the number of rings on each of its scales
D) Both B and C